On July 22nd 2022, Garanntor was acquired by Verpex.com
At the moment we are running a full audit of all Garanntor systems and dealing with a backlog of tickets. Please see below for updates on the acquisition and our process.
Existing clients can log in at https://www.garanntor.com/portal/login
Once we have fully audited systems, cleared the support backlog and dealt with any residual issues we will be rolling out 24/7 support coverage via live chat on this site.
We are now able to fully process local payments through Paystack, as well as register new domains through NIRA. We have audited all domain names and hosting accounts and believe all records to be correct. All hardware is upgraded and running very well.
Next week we will be merging Garranntor.com/Garanntor.ng into Verpex. All client logins will remain the same and there will be zero disruption. We will be sending an email with a schedule for the migration later this week.
Live chat is now available on this webpage.
The current status is as follows:
- All servers have now been upgraded and all websites run from high specification NVME hardware. Previous performance issues were largely related to very low Disk I/O. Anyone with website issues should contact us via a support ticket and we can resolve. We have also removed all bandwidth restrictions from all packages.
- DNS has been merged into our global Anycast DNS cluster. You do not need to do anything.
- Nira (the Nigerian Internet Registry Association) have allowed us to renew domains in the account but they have not yet approved us to register new domains, or more critically to renew domains that are a long-way expired (~May or earlier). We do not have any visibility into the time frame at which we will be able to register domains or renew these old domains. We sympathise that there are many businesses with websites offline still. We are told we will receive an update from Nira ‘shortly’.
- KENIC (The Kenyan Internet Registry) revoked the Garanntor accreditation in March 2022 after receiving a large number of complaints and not being able to make contact with Garanntor support. All .KE domain holders were contacted and these renewals have been removed from our system now.
- Some users are experiencing payment issues paying invoices. This is due to our status at present as a foreign company and Nigerian capital controls. Within the next week we should have our Nigerian company (“Verpex Hosting Africa”) ready to accept payments directly and you will be able to pay via local payment methods. In the meantime we are still accepting payments to the old Garanntor Limited bank account. We can also be flexible on payment – contact us via support ticket.
We now have access to NIRA and they have been very co-operative.
We are now going through all .ng registrations to ensure these are correctly setup and renewed.
Once done we will do a full audit of all domains.
In the meantime, websites are currently transferring to our new high specification servers but the transfer speed is slow. This is seamless.
23.7. 10.55am Status Update
- Over the last 15 hours we have been establishing access to systems and auditing what we have. We have not yet received full access to all systems.
- We have dealt with approximately 35% of the ticket backlog. There were around 2000 customer support tickets in the queue, dating back over 100 days. We are going through in order. We hope to have this complete at the end of the weekend.
- We do not yet have access to some of the domain registries. It has been a common issue that domains have not been renewed by the old owners despite payment being received. We are rectifying this as quickly as possible where possible. We do not yet have access to NIRA (the .ng registry) in order to fully audit those domains.
- We have fixed a large number of issues on web servers and are currently migrating websites from these old slow servers to new hardware. Requests are proxying from the old server to the new so this is seamless from a user experience point of view.
- All sites should shortly have SSL certificates free of charge.
22.7 . Acquisition email
We are pleased to announce that as of today Garanntor hosting has been acquired by Verpex.com, a global hosting provider. You may be aware that over the last few months there have been some issues with service and support at Garanntor. We understand that some customers have been frustrated by a lack of response and there have been a number of problems with domains and hosting. Verpex has stepped in to turnaround the business. Our aim is to sort out any issues as quickly as we can. We completed our acquisition a few hours ago and have been auditing through systems. At Verpex we try and run the best hosting service possible and we're excited to extend that to the African market. Garanntor has a large customer base and a great relationship with some of the African domain registries. It is likely that at some point in the next few months Garanntor will be merged into Verpex - however for now it will remain